About the Job:
The Business Representative acts as the first point-of-contact between customers and internal departments to optimize client service and to resolve short-term operating and administrative problems. Responsible for providing daily tactical support for one or more client accounts.
This position is located in Miami, FL
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and manages daily tactical business requirements of client(s), including:
- Interacts with clients and translates customer and business requirements into deliverables.
- Investigates tactical questions and issues received from clients or that are developed internally and responds directly to the client.
- Works closely with all functional departments to provide one-stop solution for clients.
- Communicates proactively with the client regarding business issues and opportunities.
- Prepares internal and external client reports, ensuring appropriate client metrics are generated, data is accurate and reporting deadlines are met on a timely basis.
- Manages inventory turns and monitor/forecast stock level accurately and liability born by customer.
- Manages and monitors the daily flow of orders and supports order management activities such as order backlog management, expediting, reconciling orders, and new part setup.
- Supports the pricing and invoice process.
- Coordinates and monitors projects, such as new service launches, between internal departments and the client.
- Manages first level escalations with clients/departments. Monitors and verifies client contractual obligations are met to ensure maximum client satisfaction
2. Disseminates all necessary program specifications to appropriate internal departments.
3. Supports monthly and quarterly business review preparation by gathering data and preparing presentations with direction from supervisor.
4. Participates in forecasting, project management, and continuous improvement activities based upon internal team and customer needs.
5. Assists Business Manager to identify opportunities that best utilize ModusLink’s infrastructure to meet client requirements.
6. May act as post-induction mentor to new employees within the team.
- High school diploma or vocational education required. Some post-secondary training and/or education preferred.
- 3 years’ related work experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in business, logistics or supply chain management preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to sustain effective relationships internally and externally at all levels of an organization
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite – Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word required.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities effectively.
- Ability to remain professional and focused in a high paced environment.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other tasks as required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and effectively in the English language.
ModusLink is an equal opportunity employer.