Solutions Design Engineer
The Solutions Design Engineer is responsible for analysis and utilization of continuous improvement tools to design Supply Chain Solutions for current and future operations.
• Apply company methodologies and tools to design distribution and transportation operations including human staffing, equipment, facility sizing and layout.
• Collect data and perform statistical analysis.
• Determine efficient utilization of resources by analyzing layouts, labor force, equipment, and equipment utilization charts.
• Map and document processes, identify process gaps, make recommendations and implement process improvements.
• Support business development and help create efficient design and solution processes.
• Participate in customer facing meetings for proposal discussion and business development.
• Establish and implement performance measures, KPI targets and optimization tools.
• Performs other (engineering/solutions) duties as assigned
• Assist site operational leaders with continuous improvement initiatives
Skills And Abilities
• Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
• Exercises judgment in obtaining solutions
• Must be computer literate and able to use the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & Word) as well as MS Project, MS Visio, AutoCAD and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), SAP knowledge would be a plus
• Demonstrates customer service skills
• Must be customer focused
• Results oriented
• Demonstrates problem solving skills
• Demonstrates analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels within the organization
• Bachelor’s degree required in (industrial) engineering, business, or supply chain. A combination of other education and experiences will be considered.
• Two (2) years or more of relevant work
• Two (2) years or more with data profiling, data mining and statics analysis is required
• 10 – 20 % of the time dependent on customer facing meetings and site
ModusLink is an equal opportunity employer.