Consumer Electronics Manufacturer – Warranty
30% Reduction of Warranty Replacement Product Costs
The client mostly shipped out a high % of product for warranty fulfillment as new product from the forward fulfillment stock. The forward and reverse logistics services were handled by 2 separate partners resulting in long lead time and limited end-2-end visibility of the returned stock.
Consumer Electronics Manufacturer – Warranty's needs
- Ability to integrate general forward logistics with advanced reverse logistics need
- Ability to substantially reduce lead-time from return by customer to available for warranty fulfillment
- Ability to do No Fault Found screening , cosmetic inspection and cosmetic refurbishment
- Ability to work as an outsourcing partner bringing expertise allowing the Client’s team to be nimble and focused on their client growth and satisfaction
- Ability to have end-2-end visibility to all steps in the returns process.
Prior to ModusLink’s solutions, we shipped out over 90% of warranty fulfillment from new stock. With setting up ModusLink as a refurbishment partner in the same building as the forward stock allowed us to get the total lead time cut by 5 days. We are now able to replace B2C RMAs with 99% refurbished products.