The medical device supply chain faces the unique challenge of stringent regulation and compliance. With consumer health and sometimes even lives on the line, product quality can never be compromised. Driving operational efficiencies and service improvements in this environment requires a structured approach to the medical device supply chain design and a process-centric approach to execution. ModusLink offers ISO-13485 certified facilities, innovative, fact-based supply chain design, global capabilities enabled by world-class technology and 30 years of experience with leading global brands.
Our services include:
- Supply Chain Optimization. Using network optimization and simulation tools and our global knowledge of labor, materials and logistics markets, we design, execute and improve medical device supply chain operations.
- Configuration and Postponement. Our clients enjoy greater inventory flexibility by postponing final device configuration in a process-controlled environment, enabled by ERP-driven bill of materials and work instructions to ensure consistent product quality.
- Secure Warehousing and Multichannel Distribution Operations. We offer secure warehousing and fulfillment operations, supported with reliable technology (including serialization tracking) and processes to service distribution, retail, end-user and primary care channels.
- Extended Traceability of Products. We manage distribution with centralized track and trace across multiple carriers, including product and serial number details.
- Integrated Returns Management. We receive customer returns, manage exceptions and accelerate triage, repair and recovery processes to ensure regulatory compliance and appropriate product disposition.
- Repair Services. Decades of repair expertise, refined workflow processes and failure data analysis deliver reliable and quality repair of electronic devices and high-value components.
- Globally Integrated e-Commerce Infrastructure. We combine multichannel Web, financial services, customer care and fulfillment processes into a modular offering capable of supporting product or collateral materials for end customers, distribution partners or field sales personnel.
- Customer Care. Improve the customer experience with high-value customer contact interactions and reliable promotional programs.